Covid-19 Protocols for Members
To access Nanaimo Gymnastics, all individuals must comply with the following protocols:
- Parents/guardians are required to drop off and pick up their athletes on time and in the parking lot. Please do not enter the gym unless absolutely necessary. There is currently no viewing allowed.
- Drop off is available at the front door; please follow markers and arrows. Please do not enter the gym until your coach invites you in. All preschool and recreational classes will be called in 5 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Prior to entering the facility, all athletes must fill out all compliance forms and the Daily Screening Checklist.
Daily checklists will kept on file and must be signed at every drop-off. Athletes are required to show this before entry into the building.
- Athletes are to line up outside the front door of the facility, with their parent/guardian, maintaining a physical distance of 3m between yourself and others by standing on the taped arrows.
- Athletes must wear masks upon entry into the building. These must be kept on until the start of general warm-up. They must also be worn anytime the athlete goes into the lobby, when rotating between events during class, and upon exiting the building (whenever social distancing is not possible).
- Each athlete will be given a personal bin to store their items in during class, including their water bottle. This is to minimize surfaces that items come in contact with. All personal items must be kept in this bin during class.
- When classes are completed, all athletes must leave promptly. All athletes will exit the building at the front door and follow the tape arrows outside the exit doors. Individuals must not congregate in groups when they are waiting.
- Parents/guardians are required to tell their athletes to follow instructions of all Nanaimo Gymnastics School staff.
- Parents/guardians will ensure that their athletes arrive dressed appropriately for class. Bathrooms are not available as changing rooms at this time.
- Athletes will be following social distancing and other Covid-19 rules. Everyone must stay 3 metres apart within the gym. Please speak to your athletes about this before coming into our facility.
- Please ensure your athlete’s personal items (water bottle, yoga mat, etc) are sanitized daily.
We created a great video to help you navigate the gym entry and exit, available on both our
public Facebook and Instagram pages. Make sure to check it out!
Gym Procedures Video
Athletes displaying any symptoms of illness that could be Covid-19 related CANNOT attend classes.
For more information regarding Nanaimo Gymnastics School's Safety Plan, please refer to the COVID-19 Updates page